For peak high season viewing early booking is strongly recommended.
2017 Grizzly bear viewing season at Knight Inlet Lodge, reservations now open, click here to request rates and check availability.
|Low Season||Summer||June 25 - July 30 inclusive|
May 29 - June 24 inclusive
July 31 - August 24 inclusive
|Fall||August 25 - October 16 inclusive|
- Knight Inlet Lodge books all guests at the new Comfort Inn & Suites for the Campbell River night of our packages.
- All of our tours can depart on any day.
- Tours to our vieiwng stands to watch grizzlies feed on salmon do not start until August 25. Prior to this date the viewing is by boat in the Glendale Cove estuary.
- A low to moderate level of physical fitness is required for our tours. This includes the ablility to walk distances of approximately 200 meters on uneven ground such as a shoreline. This may include rocky, slippery and or muddy sections depending on tide level. If you have any concerns please contact us for a more detailed discussion of your situation.
KILGB 4/5/6 GRIZZLY BEAR VIEWING TOUR INCLUDES
- return airfare from the Campbell River Float Plane basin to Knight Inlet Lodge
- transfers from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the float plane and return to the airport
- one nights accommodation in Campbell River
- three, four or five nights accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge in a comfortable room with private bathroom and shower
- welcome wildlife orientation
- all meals and snacks while at Knight Inlet Lodge (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- complimentary wine with dinner
- services of all lodge staff including naturalists
- evening interpretive programs
- all transportation to all of the tour programs
- your choice of the following:
- excursions to Johnstone Strait for marine wildlife viewing - weather permitting - on the two night program this tour is difficult to fit in
- tours for Bald Eagle viewing and other bird life
- tour to the upper reaches of Knight inlet for scenic viewing of the inlet
- tours for grizzly bear viewing from the platforms or boats**From opening to August 24 inlcusive the viewing is by boat, from August 25 to closing the viewing is from our platforms.**
- excursions for other wildlife viewing depending on location and availability
- scenic marine tour of Knight inlet
- excursions to Thompson Sound and Bond Sound for bear and wildlife viewing
- wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
- interpretive forest walk in the Kwalate Valley
- use of kayaks on organized tours
- ***AS SOME OF OUR TOURS ARE MARINE BASED THEY ARE STRONGLY WEATHER DEPENDENT. ON A SHORT DURATION TOUR IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO FIT THEM IN***
- rain gear when required
- B.C. Provincial Hotel Tax
- B.C. Back Country permit fee
- First Nations User Fee
- Staff grautiy