Grizzly Bear Viewing Tours - 2 - 3 nights
The Knight Inlet Lodge team has worked tirelessly over the past 12 months preparing to welcome guests in 2021. However due to the on-going world-wide Covid-19 pandemic we have made the very difficult decision to remain closed for the 2021 season
2021 Boat viewing season - Spring & Summer - May 21 to August 30. 2021. Platform viewing season - Fall - August 31 to October 15 inclusive
For more information on what you can expect in each season click here
KILGB 2/3 GRIZZLY BEAR VIEWING TOUR INCLUDES
- return airfare from Campbell River Float Plane dock to Knight Inlet Lodge
- transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the float plane as well as return to the airport
- one nights' accommodation in Campbell River in a standard double room*
- one or two nights' accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge in a comfortable room with private bathroom and shower
- welcome orientation for wildlife viewing tours
- all meals and snacks while at the lodge (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- complimentary house wine with dinner
- all transportation to the bear viewing stands and boats
- grizzly bear viewing tour, Opening to August 24 inclusive the tour is by boat. August 25 to closing the tour is to our viewing platforms.
- scenic boat tour of Glendale Cove
- two night guests at the lodge will be offered the following extra tours
- extra grizzly bear viewing tour
- interpretive hike of the Kwalate River valley
- wildlife tracking adventure to make plaster casts of animal prints
- excursions for Bald Eagle viewing and other bird life
- Knight Inlet sightseeing cruise (weather permitting, no substitutes)
- use of kayaks on organized estuary tours
- interpretive guide on all tours
- rain gear if required
- evening interpretive programs
- British Columbia Provincial Hotel Tax
- Environmental Levy
- First Nations User Fee
- Staff gratuity
- We book all of our guests at the Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel in Campbell River as the first night of their package.
- All of our grizzly bear viewing tours can depart on any day.
- Our fall program ( high season) starts August 25 every year, we do not use the platforms prior to this date.
- All of our tours require a low to moderate level of physical fitness including the ability to walk on uneven ground such as shorelines for approximately 200 meters. This may include rocky, slippery and or muddy sections, depending on tide level. If you have any concerns please contact us directly for a more detailed description.